Monday, April 20, 2009

Is Susan Boyle the new role model for body acceptance?

Could Susan be the new role model for body acceptance? She said in Us Magazine,

"Maybe I'll consider a makeover later on," she told the London Times on Saturday. "For now I'm happy the way I am short and plump. I would not go in for Botox or anything like that. I'm content with the way I look. What's wrong with looking like Susan Boyle? What's the matter with that?"

There is nothing wrong with that! It is a message for all of us, stop dieting and trying to lose weight and getting plastic surgery, just love you they way you are and you will be happy. You are inspiration for all of us Susan, and never change who you are!

2 comments:

Mickey Blake said...

Quite so!

That said, the nascent beauty diva in me does want to attack her eyebrows with a pair of tweezers. Not to get rid of them entirely, just to clean 'em up and shape them a bit...*hides face in shame*

*waves* quaryn from Ravelry here :)

Amethyst Rose said...

Actually she has done something with her eyebrows and actually has had a mini-makeover, nothing too drastic. If it makes her feel good about her self, well good for her!